At Sarasota Management & Leasing, technology and marketing drive our showing process, and the result is lower vacancy times and highly qualified tenants. Today, we want to talk about how we manage the showing process with prospective tenants.
Many of the properties we have on the market are currently occupied by a tenant. This has required us to work diligently to implement a system that provides the ability to work with our existing tenants, respecting their privacy and space, while arranging a time for a prospective tenant to see the home.
Not all of our available properties can be immediately shown. We use a platform called “ShowMojo” to help arrange and schedule showings. The process is simple and straightforward, and this blog should help guide you through it.
Scheduling a Showing from the Sarasota Management & Leasing Website
Most tenants find a home for rent either on our website or on a third-party site like Zillow, Trulia, or HotPads. The process of scheduling a showing is similar for both, however we will first look at how to schedule when you’re working from our own website.
Steps to Scheduling a Showing:
- Go to our website – www.sarasotamanagement.com. You will find a link in the description.
- Click on “Residents” and then “Homes for Rent.”
- Scroll down this page until you find the property you are interested in seeing.
- Click details and make sure all the property details and descriptions are what you were expecting, then click the “Schedule a Showing” button.
- Fill in your name, phone number, and email address.
- Choose the correct show time you desire.
- Choose the option to have a confirmation sent via email or text. Starting 24 hours before the showing, the showing platform will make up to three attempts to confirm a showing. If no confirmation is received within an hour of the showing, the showing will be canceled automatically.
- Answer all the questions in the form.
Next, your showing will be confirmed unless you do not meet the criteria for that specific property. Some of the most common reasons a showing request is rejected are:
- Move-in date is too soon or too far in the future (we look for a move-in date that’s within 30 days from the available date).
- Income is insufficient to meet the minimum requirements.
- More than two unrelated adults are going to be in the property.
There are other reasons your showing request may be denied. Once you answer all the questions, click on the “Schedule the Showing” button.
Scheduling a Showing from a Third-Party Website
We market our homes for rent across a number of rental platforms. If you come across one of our listings there, and you’d like to schedule a showing, the process is similar to what you’d do from our website:
- Submit a request for a showing.
- Look for an email reply within 15 minutes. It will include a link to our scheduling page.
- Choose the time or click on “Select Other Time.”
- See the steps above and follow them. Answer all the questions and confirm your showing.
Confirming Your Showing Time
Some properties are tenant-occupied. You will know this because there are no immediate showtimes available.
If the property is not occupied, you’ll have to confirm you will make the showing, and you’ll be ready to go. Confirmations will come to you two to 24 hours before the showing via text or email depending on the option you chose.
If the property is occupied, we give the tenant a 24-hour window for scheduling new showings. The showing platform will take your request and check to see if it works for the current tenant. If the tenant has something scheduled for that time, you’ll receive an email within 18 hours letting you know that the time was rejected. You’ll be asked to reschedule the showing.
When your showing is accepted, you’ll be notified.
If you need further assistance as you navigate this technology, you can always contact the helpline at 941-203-1044.
We look forward to having you see the property you like. If you’d like to talk about the leasing process, please contact us at Sarasota Management & Leasing.